READ THIS FIRST
All Applicants are subject to a review of their credit, rental, and criminal history, as well as a Housing Court search and employment verification. Occupants over the age of 18 are subject to a review of their rental history, criminal history as well as a Housing Court search. The information requested on our application form is for purposes of being able to obtain this background information accurately and completely and to verify who will be residing in the apartment. Gateway and the Landlord are committed to equal housing opportunities, and the information will not be used for any unlawful discriminatory purpose.
- The collective gross annual income for all applicants needs to be 40x the monthly rent*.
- A Guarantor may be obtained if your income is below the required income or in the case of insufficient credit history. A guarantor cannot be used in place of poor credit. The gross annual income for the guarantor needs to be 80x the monthly rent or possess significant financial resources. Guarantors must reside within the United States.
- Occupancy Standards**:
- Studio (Max 2 Persons)
- One Bedroom (Max 2 Persons plus a Child Under 5 Years Old)
- Junior 2 Bedroom (Max 3 Persons plus a Child Under 5 Year Old)
- Two Bedroom (Max 4 Persons)
- Three Bedroom (Max 6 Persons)
*Exceptions to these income guidelines are made when there is proof of sufficient investment assets to meet the Landlord's requirements, unusual circumstances or otherwise in the Landlord's discretion.
**The term "persons" includes all individuals of any age, whether adult or child. Exceptions to these occupancy maximums are made in the Landlord's discretion, for example, based on the size and configuration of the specific apartment and other relevant factors, provided that the exception does not resulting overcrowding.
Non Refundable Credit & Background Screening Fee
- $20 Per Applicant
- $20 Each Additional Applicant
- $20 Per Guarantor
Required Documents (per Applicant, Occupant over the age of 18 and Guarantor. All documents must be presented for review together)
- Valid Government-issued picture ID (Driver's License, Passport (U.S. or foreign), etc.)
- Two most recent pay-stubs or other verifiable proof of current income
- Most recent W2, 1099, income tax return, or other official documentation verifying income
- Proof of address (i.e. Utility Bill, Insurance Bill, Credit Card Statement)
- If you have a pet, we do require a photo of the pet as well as the most recent vet record or proof of vaccinations.
- OCCUPANTS ONLY: Occupants over the age of 18 are required to provide only Valid Government-issued picture ID(Driver's License, Passport (U.S. or foreign), etc.)
Security Deposit Information
If a lease is issued, the tenant's security deposit will be deposited into an interest-bearing bank account. As part of the processing of the security deposit, the tenant will be given an Internal Revenue Service form to complete (a W-9 or W-8BEN form, depending on whether the tenant is a "U.S. Person"). The form requires the tenant to provide his/her social security number or taxpayer identification number. This information also helps generate an accurate and complete credit report during the application process.
All of the procedures and requirements listed in this document are subject to change.
Gateway and the Landlord are committed to equal housing opportunities. They will not discriminate based on race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, sex, disability or handicap, marital status, partnership status, familial status, alienage or citizenship status, lawful source of income or any other legally protected status. The Landlord, in its sole discretion, makes ALL final determinations as whether an applicant is qualified for an apartment.